- The health benefits of brown rice are largely due to it being a whole grain. According to HSPH, the fibre in brown rice helps lower cholesterol; moves waste through the digestive tract, promote fullness, and may help prevent the formation of blood clots.
- They help regulate cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes. B vitamins in it are involved in many biological functions. Folate (folic acid), a B vitamin in it helps the body form new cells and can prevent certain birth defects.
- Brown rice is rich in minerals like Iron, Magnesium and Selenium. Iron is useful to carry oxygen in the blood. Magnesium is involved in more than 300 biological functions. Selenium improves the immune system and regulates the thyroid gland.
- Research and studies have shown that people who ate brown rice regularly had a 24% to 59% lower risk of developing heart disease, cancer and respiratory diseases.
- Brown rice does not contain gluten. It is a safe and healthy choice for those following gluten-free diets.
There are no reviews yet.
Write a customer review